The New York State Dance Education Association advances dance education
centered in the arts throughout the New York State.
NYSDEA is a non-profit 501c3 tax exempt organization, incorporated in New York State. An autonomous membership organization, NYSDEA is affiliated with the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) and is recognized by the New York State Department of Education. NYSDEA strengthens the network of dance educators nationally, locally, and within the state. NYSDEA welcomes:
- Dance Education professionals
We seek to serve a broad constituency including:
- Private sector
- PreK-12 public and private schools
- Higher education
- Professional company educational outreach
- School and arts administrators
- Not-for-profit and for-profit organizations, e.g., corporations, businesses and foundations that support dance.
The many invaluable benefits of membership for this broad constituency include:
- Networking with others across the state and nationally
- Membership in NDEO
- The Journal of Dance Education, a national peer review publication
- Annual National NDEO Conferences
- Regional New York State workshops
- NYSDEA website for information sharing
- National Honor Society for students 11 to 18 years of age
A voice in developing NYS dance policy and curricular issues
To bring together members for the purpose of networking and sharing of ideas related to the mission of the organization.
To provide quality professional development of dance educators in the State of New York by providing opportunities for individuals to create, perform, and observe dance in the State of New York and by supporting the effort nationally.
To work with national and state organizations in carrying out the national mission of promoting and strengthening dance as an art form and as an effective tool for education.
NYSDEA is a new organization that has its roots in the New York State Dance Association, which was established 30 years ago.
Advocate, Promote, Support, and Strengthen dance education in all environments in New York State.