NYSDEA is now accepting nominations for 2017 Dance Educators!
Applications will be accepted through September 1, 2017.
Please see the attached award descriptions and nomination forms.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
2017 Dance Education Researcher
2017 Dance Educator Award
2017 Diana Domoracki Kisto Award
2017 Leadership Award
2017 Lifetime Achievement Award
2017 Student Scholarships
- Outstanding Leadership
This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated excellence in creating ideas for programs, curriculums, and/or projects that have had a significant impact on the field of dance education and who has demonstrated leadership on a national level. Additionally, the recipient of this award should inspire and cultivate vision and leadership in others.
- Outstanding Dance Educator (Pre-K - 12)
This award acknowledges a stellar dance educator from the Pre-K - 12 sector from the membership. The award is granted to a dance educator from K-12 Education, Private Sector Education, Teaching Artists and Post-secondary Education. The recipient of this award will have an established record of teaching dance in an educational setting.
- Outstanding Dance Education Researcher
This award recognizes an individual who has made a unique contribution to the field of dance education through creative and/or scholarly research. The recipient of this award should cultivate the importance of scholarly and creative research throughout the field of dance education.
- Lifetime Achievement
The most prestigious award conferred, the Lifetime Achievement Award, is given for exemplary leadership, scholarship and/or artistry, and philanthropy or service to dance education for at least the past 15 years.
- Diana Domoracki-Kisto Award
In honor and memory of former board member and inspirational Dance Educator, Diana Domoracki-Kisto, the NYSDEA board has established a grant to annually fund a Pre-K-12 Dance Educator $500 toward the cost of attending the NDEO conference. Any NYSDEA PreK-12 Dance Educator may apply.
- NYSDEA Dance Student Scholarships
NYSDEA wishes to recognize and encourage student participation in the dance education community by supporting undergraduate and graduate students at the 2016 NDEO Conference.
NYSDEA offers a number of scholarships and awards for New York State dance educators and dance education students.
For more information about any of the scholarships or awards listed please contact Karen Camp, Director of Awards at email@example.com
New York State Dance Education Awards
Congratulations to 2016 NYSDEA Award Recipients
Thank you all for your commitment to dance education!
For descriptions of awards and recipient information, see below. More coming soon!
- NYSDEA 2016 Outstanding Leadership Award
- NYSDEA 2016 Outstanding PreK to 12 Dance Educator Award
- NYSDEA 2016 Outstanding Private Sector Dance Educator Award
- NYSDEA 2016 Outstanding Teaching Artist Dance Educator Award
- NYSDEA 2016 Outstanding Post Secondary Dance Educator Award
- NYSDEA 2016 Outstanding Dance Researcher Award
Dr. Susan R. Koff
- NYSDEA 2016 Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award
Dr. Diane Duggan
- NYSDEA 2016 Diana Domoracki-Kisto Award
- NYSDEA 2016 Presidential Citation Award
- NYSDEA 2016 Graduate Student Awards
Daria Fitzgerald, Chie Kurokawa, Jacqueline Ledesma and Emma Russo
- NYSDEA 2016 Undergraduate Award