Donate to NYSDEA now!
Call for Proposals
NYSDEA Winter Conference
Interested in presenting at the 2020 NYSDEA Winter Conference?
Theme: Social Justice
How does Dance integrate 21st Century Skills to develop civic leaders and global citizens?
How can educators provide access to diverse dance genres, disciplines, and resources that address students’ cultural identities?
How can performance support leadership and lifelong learning?
How does Dance support equity and access for all?
Date: February 1-2, 2020
CUNY Hunter College, Dance Department
930 Lexington Ave bet 68th and 69th Street
Click here for application
Deadline to submit: September 27th, 2019
A message from the President -
The Benefits of being a NYSDEA member.
Ever wonder what NYSDEA does for YOU? The New York State Dance Education Association is composed of Dance Educators from P-12, Higher Education, Private Studios, Arts Organizations, Cultural Institutions, Researchers, Vendors, Service Organizations, Administrators, Parents, and Students.
What we are currently doing for our membership
- Attends Arts Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C.
- Is a member of Americans for the Arts
- Is a member of NYSCEA- the New York State Council of Educational Associations
- Is a member of UNITY
- NYSDEA President represents Dance in the New York State Arts Coalition
- Attends Dance/NYC
- Attends Dance Parade
- Has a Representative to guide you through the process of setting up a NHSDA chapter in your school
Networking / Events
- NYSDEA provides scholarships and awards Acknowledging stellar Dance Educators in NY
- 2 Day Winter Conference- NYC
- Upstate Mini Conference
- Access to the Journal of Dance Education and Dance in Practice through NDEO.
- Offer CTLE as an Approved NYSED Vendor
- Offer COA for all Professional Development Attended
- Annual NYSDEA fundraiser & Auction
- Updates and reminders about National and State Events are posted on our Social Media and Website. Are you following us? Visit:
- Networking and local connections through our Regional Representatives
- Members have the ability to post their own events through our Website
We've listened to the Membership!
New for 2019-2020
- NHSDA Day of Dance
- New Logo and Branding
- New Merchandise
- Online Auction - fundraising
- Further visibility through out of state events
- Open Call for Proposals for our February 1-2, 2020 Winter Conference.
Have other ideas for advocacy, professional development, networking, or fundraising?
Please send ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org