Special Thanks to our generous donors
Jody and John Arnhold | Arnhold Foundation
Donate to NYSDEA now!
Call for Proposals
Submission deadline 10/1/2021
NYSDEA Virtual Conference
Saturday, February 12th, 2022
Location: Internet-based meeting platform (1 hour 15 minute maximum length of presentation session)
Click here to learn more and submit
Call for Awards
Due Date: September 26th, 2021
The time has come to acknowledge and celebrate the folx who have contributed to the field of dance education with quality and excellence
Click here to learn more and nominate
The Benefits of being a NYSDEA member.
Ever wonder what NYSDEA does for YOU? The New York State Dance Education Association is composed of Dance Educators from P-12, Higher Education, Private Studios, Arts Organizations, Cultural Institutions, Researchers, Vendors, Service Organizations, Administrators, Parents, and Students.
What we are currently doing for our membership
- Attends Arts Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C.
- Is a member of Americans for the Arts
- Is a member of NYSCEA- the New York State Council of Educational Associations
- Is a member of UNITY
- NYSDEA President represents Dance in the New York State Arts Coalition
- Attends Dance/NYC
- Attends Dance Parade
- Has a Representative to guide you through the process of setting up a NHSDA chapter in your school
Networking / Events
- NYSDEA provides scholarships and awards Acknowledging stellar Dance Educators in NY
- 2 Day Winter Conference- NYC
- Upstate Mini Conference
- Access to the Journal of Dance Education and Dance in Practice through NDEO.
- Offer CTLE as an Approved NYSED Vendor
- Offer COA for all Professional Development Attended
- Annual NYSDEA fundraiser & Auction
- Updates and reminders about National and State Events are posted on our Social Media and Website. Are you following us? Visit:
- Networking and local connections through our Regional Representatives
- Members have the ability to post their own events through our Website
Have other ideas for advocacy, professional development, networking, or fundraising?
Please send ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
With the magnitude of world events that continue to plague our communities across the state in our hearts and minds, I write to you on behalf of the NYSDEA Board and NYS Arts Professional Associations. We stand Unified with you.