Special Thanks to our generous donors
Jody and John Arnhold | Arnhold Foundation
Donate to NYSDEA now!
Check out our upcoming virtual mini conference
The Benefits of being a NYSDEA member.
Ever wonder what NYSDEA does for YOU? The New York State Dance Education Association is composed of Dance Educators from P-12, Higher Education, Private Studios, Arts Organizations, Cultural Institutions, Researchers, Vendors, Service Organizations, Administrators, Parents, and Students.
What we are currently doing for our membership
- Attends Arts Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C.
- Is a member of Americans for the Arts
- Is a member of NYSCEA- the New York State Council of Educational Associations
- Is a member of UNITY
- NYSDEA President represents Dance in the New York State Arts Coalition
- Attends Dance/NYC
- Attends Dance Parade
- Has a Representative to guide you through the process of setting up a NHSDA chapter in your school
Networking / Events
- NYSDEA provides scholarships and awards Acknowledging stellar Dance Educators in NY
- 2 Day Winter Conference- NYC
- Upstate Mini Conference
- Access to the Journal of Dance Education and Dance in Practice through NDEO.
- Offer CTLE as an Approved NYSED Vendor
- Offer COA for all Professional Development Attended
- Annual NYSDEA fundraiser & Auction
- Updates and reminders about National and State Events are posted on our Social Media and Website. Are you following us? Visit:
- Networking and local connections through our Regional Representatives
- Members have the ability to post their own events through our Website
Have other ideas for advocacy, professional development, networking, or fundraising?
Please send ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
With the magnitude of world events that continue to plague our communities across the state in our hearts and minds, I write to you on behalf of the NYSDEA Board and NYS Arts Professional Associations. We stand Unified with you.