Special Thanks to our generous donors
Jody and John Arnhold | Arnhold Foundation
Donate to NYSDEA now!
NYSDEA’s Annual Membership Meeting
Wednesday, June 9th, 2021
7:30pm Eastern Time
Guest Speaker: Joan Finkelstein
Executive Director, Harkness Foundation for Dance
Three R’s for Dance Education Now: Reexamine! Reevaluate! Reimagine!
NYSDEA’s annual membership meeting this year will take place on Zoom and we will have the esteemed Joan Finkelstein speaking to us about her current research into cultural messaging in the standards as an example of this mantra,"Three R’s for Dance Education Now: Reexamine! Reevaluate! Reimagine!” A full report on NYSDEA’s activates will follow
Check out our upcoming virtual mini conference
The Benefits of being a NYSDEA member.
Ever wonder what NYSDEA does for YOU? The New York State Dance Education Association is composed of Dance Educators from P-12, Higher Education, Private Studios, Arts Organizations, Cultural Institutions, Researchers, Vendors, Service Organizations, Administrators, Parents, and Students.
What we are currently doing for our membership
- Attends Arts Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C.
- Is a member of Americans for the Arts
- Is a member of NYSCEA- the New York State Council of Educational Associations
- Is a member of UNITY
- NYSDEA President represents Dance in the New York State Arts Coalition
- Attends Dance/NYC
- Attends Dance Parade
- Has a Representative to guide you through the process of setting up a NHSDA chapter in your school
Networking / Events
- NYSDEA provides scholarships and awards Acknowledging stellar Dance Educators in NY
- 2 Day Winter Conference- NYC
- Upstate Mini Conference
- Access to the Journal of Dance Education and Dance in Practice through NDEO.
- Offer CTLE as an Approved NYSED Vendor
- Offer COA for all Professional Development Attended
- Annual NYSDEA fundraiser & Auction
- Updates and reminders about National and State Events are posted on our Social Media and Website. Are you following us? Visit:
- Networking and local connections through our Regional Representatives
- Members have the ability to post their own events through our Website
Have other ideas for advocacy, professional development, networking, or fundraising?
Please send ideas to email@example.com
With the magnitude of world events that continue to plague our communities across the state in our hearts and minds, I write to you on behalf of the NYSDEA Board and NYS Arts Professional Associations. We stand Unified with you.